Thakeham Primary School
Required for September 2020 – Part-time Temporary Teaching Assistant EYFS/KS1 & MMS
Address: Rock Road, Storrington RH20 3AA
Tel no: 01903 740176
Required from: 1st September 2020 for 1 year
Contract: Part time Temporary Teaching Assistant
Mondays 9am-12pm, MMS: 12-1pm, 1:15-3pm (5.75 hours) in Year 1/2
Tuesday and Wednesday mornings 9am-12pm (6 hours in total) in Reception
Salary: Grade 3: £18,065 (point 3) £10.49 to £18,426 (point 4) £10.70 per hour pro rata term time only
We are a small, successful Primary School with strong community links, located in a modern, well-resourced and re-furbished building on Rock Road, within the Parish of Thakeham. Success is not just measured by our ‘Good’ Ofsted report (July 2018) but the positive feedback we receive from children and families of which we are very proud! The ‘whole’ child is at the heart of our school and support and intervention are tailored to each individual.
We are fortunate to have a strong, caring team who are supportive of the children, each other and the school. We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, skilled and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to join our team for September 2020 working in our EYFS/KS1 classes. This will be for 5.75 hours on Mondays in our Year 1 /2 class (including a lunch duty) and on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings in our Reception Class for 6 hours in total (9am-12pm)
This role is temporary (for 1 year) in the first instance due to some staffing re-organisation linked with EHCP pupils. We are looking for an individual who has flexibility to undertake additional mornings in Reception Class, should school funding allow. Mornings other than Tuesday and Wednesday may also be considered.
The successful candidate must:
- have a proven track record of supporting learning and have high expectations
- have recent experience of EYFS/KS1 curriculum
- be skilled and confident in supporting a wide range of individual needs to help raise achievement
- have a creative and enthusiastic ‘can do’ approach
- have patience, understanding, warmth and empathy with pupils
- have strong interpersonal skills and be a team player
- be willing to go that ‘extra mile’
The successful candidate will also undertake a lunch duty on Mondays 12-1pm.
We can offer:
- wonderful, enthusiastic and appreciative children!
- a strong, supportive school community of governors, staff and parents
- a forward-looking positive approach
- the opportunity to work together as a team to further shape our school
- on-going training and excellent professional development opportunities
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects the staff team to share this commitment. This post is subject to a successful DBS, and satisfactory reference checks.
Please ensure that you write your application according to the Person Specification, providing evidence of how you meet the criteria.
Applications to be emailed to email@example.com
Closing date: 9am Friday 3rd July 2020. Interviews: Tuesday 7th July 2020
Posted Date: 24 June 2020
Closing Date: 3 July 2020
Interview Date: 7 July 2020
West Sussex County Council Schools