Job Advertisement – Learning Support Assistant
Temporary Contract (largely to support a child with a Visual Impairment)
To start 3rd September 2020 (and ideally to be available to attend some transition activities this term).
Total hours per week: 17.5 hours over 5 days – term time only
(8.30am-12.00pm five days a week)
Salary: WSCC LA Grade 3, point 3-4 £18,065-£18,426 pro rata
We would like to appoint a conscientious, dedicated and ambitious Learning Support Assistant on a temporary basis to work as part of our school team, supporting a child with a Visual Impairment in a Year 2 class.
The successful candidate will:
- Be committed to pupil and staff well-being and the need to safeguard children (safeguarding is a whole school responsibility)
- Be willing to support a child with a Visual Impairment
- Be willing to support children with toileting, if required
- Have the ability and enthusiasm to support the teachers and learners in raising standards of achievement and attainment
- Be an excellent team player and an effective communicator.
Applications are invited from experienced and/or qualified candidates who will be able to make a positive commitment to this thriving school.
The school can offer you:
- Well motivated and hard-working children
- A very supportive and friendly team
- Opportunities to develop through CPD (Core Professional Development) and JPD (Joint Professional Development) where possible
Visits to the school are usually warmly welcomed and encouraged, however, due to the Coronavirus we are directing interesting candidates to our school website, and our video for new intake. Please contact the School Office if you would like to know more.
All completed Application Forms must be accompanied by a completed Safer Recruiting Additional Information Sheet in order to be considered for the position. Both these forms are attached to this advertisement and can therefore be downloaded.
If you would like to discuss the post further, please contact Miss Green/Mrs Amos, Co-Headteachers for more information. To learn more about our school you can visit our website at www.trafalgarinfant.com.
We are an equal opportunities employer and committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check and qualifications check.
Closing Date: Monday, 22nd June at 9.00am
Interview Date: Monday, 29th June 2020
Posted Date: 15 June 2020
Closing Date: 22 June 2020
Interview Date: 29 June 2020
West Sussex County Council Schools