Also known as Construction Site Supervisors, Site Supervisors monitor the progress of construction projects and ensure compliance with construction safety regulations. They supervise Construction Workers and subcontractors, educate Construction Workers on-site safety practices, and evaluate employee performance.
To be successful as a Site Supervisor, you should be detail-oriented and knowledgeable of building codes and construction safety regulations. Ultimately, an outstanding Site Supervisor should be able to interpret building plans as well as demonstrate exceptional leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills.
Site Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Inspecting construction sites regularly to identify and eliminate potential safety hazards.
- Supervising and instructing the construction team as well as subcontractors.
- Educating site workers on construction safety regulations and accident protocol.
- Enforcing site safety rules to minimize work-related accidents and injuries.
- Handling site accidents in accordance with established accident protocol.
- Maintaining an accurate record of construction employee attendance.
- Evaluating the performance of construction employees and instituting disciplinary measures as needed.
- Analyzing blueprints to ensure that construction projects meet design, safety, and budget specifications.
- Recommending changes to construction operations or procedures to increase efficiency.
- Completion of a post-secondary education construction training program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Construction Science, Civil Engineering or related field is preferred.
- Proven experience working as a Site Supervisor.
- CPR and first aid certifications.
- Sound knowledge of building codes and construction safety regulations.
- Working knowledge of construction tools and equipment.
- The ability to interpret blueprints.
- Outstanding leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business administration or relevant field