Skilled Laborers are workers who have acquired the necessary skills and training to complete building and construction-related jobs.
Skilled Laborer Responsibilities:
- Moving materials to the worksite and ensuring all tools, machinery, and other equipment are safely set up.
- Operating equipment like drills, pneumatic hammers, shovels, pikes, and other heavy machinery.
- Assisting with various electrical and plumbing installation procedures.
- Obeying health and safety codes, as well as the company’s principles.
- Removing hazardous materials from sites.
- Spreading gravel, asphalt, and other materials over surfaces.
- Performing site and equipment inspections.
- Attending meetings and workshops.
- Completing on-the-job training.
- Ensuring tasks are completed to deadlines.
Skilled Laborer Requirements:
- High school diploma or similar.
- Completed apprenticeships recommended.
- Class 5 driver’s license recommended.
- Sound knowledge of construction and practical experience with tools.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and communication skills.
- A good understanding of safety procedures.
- Great hand, eye, and foot coordination.
- Willingness to learn and be flexible.
- Positive attitude and great interpersonal skills.